10 Unusual Mountains Home-10 neobičnih kuća u planini
You have embarked on a climb in the toughest, most challenging spot of land; mountains. You want to live the nature, experience the raw feeling but it is inevitable that a time will come when you wish for a hot cup of cocoa, a crackling fire, the comfort of a roof four walls, and no wind. And like a dream come true, with the blink of an eye, you witness a hut, the very place that could supply the wants of humanity. Yet, it is after considerable effort that you will be allowed to feel humane….
1. Solvay HutAt a height of 4,003 meters on a rocky ridge of the Matterhorn, Switzerland’s iconic, triangular peak, is the Solvay hut, managed by the Swiss Alpine Club. It has room for only ten daredevils who will have to venture uphill through the must inhospitable terrain. The steep, icy paths and frozen breath and sweat will improve your appetite considerably.
2. Rifugio NuvolauAt a height of 4,003 meters on a rocky ridge of the Matterhorn, Switzerland’s iconic, triangular peak, is the Solvay hut, managed by the Swiss Alpine Club. It has room for only ten daredevils who will have to venture uphill through the must inhospitable terrain. The steep, icy paths and frozen breath and sweat will improve your appetite considerably.
3. Rifugio NuvolauSince 1983, the Rifugio Nuvolau has been a refuge for exhausted trekkers, providing comfort and solace to those trudging in Italy’s dramatic DolomiteMountains . Even during World War 1, the 2,575m high hut served as a point for surveying situations on the summit. Besides a flashback in history, the location will provide a bed, eatables, and the jolly company of other outdoorsy souls like you.
4. Hornli HutHere is a place, the French, Swiss and Italians can all enjoy. Situated at an outcropping 3,647m in the North West Mountains of Italy, the Rifugio Gnifetti is a highly equipped place providing warmth and free showers. It is a bit of a discomfort getting there, sharp rocks and sliding trails, but well, it is definitely worth the trouble.
5. Rifugio GnifettiTrekkers, skiers and climbers will be relieved to find Refuge des Cosmiques (3,613m), on the incline in France, positioned a bit carelessly amidst the fascinating ski village of Chamonix. The cosmos’ hospitality is up-to-date and enjoyable, just what a tired hiker longs for.
6. Refuge de Tete RousseThe Refuge de Tete Rousse, situated at 3,167m, was rebuilt by the French Alpine Club in 2005 to accommodate 74 nature lovers wishing for a nice refuge in the staggering inclinesof the Chamonix region. (tete rousse for “red heads” is, perhaps a suggestion of the exertion required to reach the hut by foot)
7. Cabane BertolAmidst the gigantic shapes, you’re longing for a homey feeling, baked goodies, vegetable stews, wine beverages, in other words; a full belly, Cabane Bertol is the place for you. Haute Route is a lengthy walking trail connecting Chamonix to Zermatt and it is tough for the mountain climbers to ascend to reach the much rewarding Cabane Bertol (3,311 meters), by a series of fixed ladders and chain.
8. Rifugio Coldai2,135m above the rest of the world, Rifugio Coldai is another reminder of modern civilization on the Alta via 1. The bold ones who venture into the rugged terrain of Dolomite will not be disappointed by the lit and dry dining room, with a serving of homemade gnocchi drizzled with olive oil, fresh minestrone soup, and a towering tiramisu, exploding with rich mascarpone cream. It will be enough to forget the 175 miles of trekking with your nerves on hold.
9. Monte Rosa-HuetteThe Swiss news outlet that entitled the Monte Rosa hut, as a “futuristic Eco-hut” could never have spoken more truthfully. Completely reconstructed in 2009, 2,883m on the baseof the highest peak in Switzerland. It is a beautiful building, blending in with its splendid environment. Stainless steel, aluminum, and wood, satisfy 90 percent of its energy needs through solar power; very Eco-friendly.
10. Rifugio LagazuoiThe Rifugio Lagazuoi, is less a hut than a mountainous haven. Alma and Guido, the beaming keepers of the Italy’s Alta via 1 paradise point will exceed your expectations of hospitality; offering private accommodations, a lively bar, and a pleasant restaurant to eat in. The path to the hut has obstacles of course, but what follows will make every stepof the way, worth it. Don’t forget to order the apple strudel – a local specialty.
! zanimljivosti !